As an experienced, Board Certified City County and Local Government Attorney:
I have already researched and litigated many of the land use, zoning and local government issues that can and will come up at a public hearing
I can provide important legal advice or assistance to ensure that together, we
1) bring your best legal arguments to the hearing
2) focus on the most important issues, law and facts
3) explain the applicable statutes, codes, regulations and case law in an understandable way to both you and the appointed or elected decision-makers
4) prepare written legal positions, statements and objections
5) discuss the issues in advance before hearing
6) help prepare and effectively present your case
7) make and respond to legal objections on your behalf, quickly at the hearing, as issues arise as they inevitably do...
8) ensure your best evidence is in the "record" for judicial review in court
9) attempt to settle or mediate your issues, if possible.
Ralf Brookes Attorney has experience explaining your legal issues to the Board, Council or Commission.
Ralf Brookes Attorney also understands the complex set of additional permits and approvals needed from other agencies and evaluate your best alternatives.